Telegärtner – Single Pair Ethernet System Alliance at the Hanover Fair
Single Pair Ethernet is already considered one of the top topics at the trade show.
Hungry start-ups and big players alike will present innovative solutions based on the new Ethernet standard in Hannover. The community for this technology will be all the larger: many companies already belong to the registered association of the Single Pair Ethernet System Alliance. (https://singlepairethernet.com/die-allianz/mitglieder/)
The company’s own booth (Hall 9, Booth D28) is designed as an open, cross-company and cross-industry hub. Here, the main focus will be on the common topic close to our hearts: Establishing Single Pair Ethernet as the international standard for all areas where Ethernet connections are being replaced or newly established. The code for free tickets to the Hanover Fair can be requested directly via the website of the Single Pair Ethernet System Alliance at the URL https://singlepairethernet.com/ticketshannovermesse/.
With now more than 50 member companies, the Single Pair Ethernet System Alliance is a strong association that inspires and supports each other. Accordingly, the booth will be staffed with top-class experts from various industries.
Telegärtner SPE highlight page: https://www.telegaertner.com/produkt-highlights/single-pair-ethernet
More information on Telegärtner: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Dipl.-Wirtsch.Ing. (FH) Florian Gärtner (Managing Director – Group CEO & Head of Operations and Development, Telegärtner): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Dipl.-Wi.Jur. (FH) Daniel Gärtner (Managing Director – Responsible for Global Sales and Product Management, Telegärtner): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on HANNOVER MESSE 2023 (April 17-21, 2023, Hannover, Germany): https://www.hannovermesse.de/en/ + At the world’s leading trade fair for industry, some 4,000 companies from the mechanical engineering, electrical and digital industries as well as the energy sector will showcase technologies and solutions for a connected and climate-neutral industry. From the digitalization and automation of complex production processes and the use of hydrogen to power factories and the use of software to register and reduce carbon footprints.
EMR Additional Notes:
- The Ethernet Fieldbus: https://www.ethercat.org/default.htm + EtherCAT is the open real-time Ethernet network originally developed by Beckhoff. EtherCAT sets new standards for real-time performance and topology flexibility.
- EtherCAT Technology Group:
- The worlds largest Industrial Ethernet organization with 6900 member companies: https://www.ethercat.org/en/tech_group.html + The ETG is a global organization in which OEM, End Users and Technology Providers join forces to support and promote the further technology development. The EtherCAT Technology Group keeps EtherCAT technology open for all potential users.
- Ethernet is a family of wired computer networking technologies commonly used in local area networks, metropolitan area networks and wide area networks. It was commercially introduced in 1980 and first standardized in 1983 as IEEE 802.3.
- Single Pair Ethernet (SPE):
- Single Pair Ethernet cables are copper cables that only contain one twisted pair (single pair) that they use for data transmission, for example in industrial applications.
- Describes the transmission of Ethernet over only one pair of twisted copper wires. In addition to data transmission via Ethernet, SPE also enables a simultaneous power supply of terminal devices via PoDL – Power over Data Line.
- As its name suggests, Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) cabling uses only one pair of wires to transmit data, as opposed to the two pair that have long been standard in the majority of Ethernet cabling in use worldwide.
- Single Pair Ethernet System Alliance:
- The Single Pair Ethernet System Alliance is a worldwide association of leading technology companies. We want to implement and further develop the pioneering Single Pair Ethernet technology. Together and holistically.
- The Single Pair Ethernet System Alliance is an ever-growing, collaborative community. Technology companies from all over the world jointly drive the further development of SPE technology and its implementation in various applications.
- Founding Members are: Weidmüller, Phoenix contact, Rosenberger, Datwyler, Draka and R&M
- PoE (Power over Ethernet):
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) is the process of sending electrical power and data over copper wire. The combination of data transmission along with power supplying hardware onto the same RJ45 Ethernet connector allows for the transmission of power over the network cabling.
- As PoE technology has developed, the amount of power that can be sent over Ethernet cable has increased. IEEE-compliant PoE switches and injectors can output anywhere from 12 watts to over 70 watts of power per port.