Sonepar – Sonepar Announces Acquisition of NEDCO Supply
Sonepar has announced that its US subsidiary Codale Electric acquired NEDCO Supply last week.
A privately-owned business since 1982, NEDCO Supply is a full-line distributor of electrical products and services to its residential and commercial customers. Operating throughout southern Nevada, NEDCO Supply is based in Las Vegas, Nevada and has over 100 associates. NEDCO is expected to record sales revenue in excess of $180 million for 2022.
“NEDCO Supply will strengthen Codale’s position in southern Nevada, increasing its coverage in an area experiencing great growth,” said Rob Taylor, President of Sonepar North America. “As a leader in electrical distribution among contractors in the Las Vegas market, NEDCO Supply is a perfect complement to Codale’s industrial customer base. The leadership and associates of NEDCO will align very well to the customer-centric culture of Codale.”
NEDCO Supply owners, Marshall Hunt, Principal, and Marc Winard, Principal, said in a joint statement, “After 40 years serving the Las Vegas electrical market, we’re very thankful to all our customers, employees, and vendor partners for supporting us through the years. We are excited to join the Sonepar family of companies. We feel this opportunity secures the future for our employees and enables our team to sustain the high level of customer service we’ve been known for. When it came time to sell, Sonepar was our first choice. Marshall and I look forward to continuing our careers under the Sonepar banner.”
More information on Sonepar: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Philippe Delpech (CEO, Sonepar): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Sonepar USA: https://soneparusa.com + Sonepar USA is an independent, family-owned company with global market leadership in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial and safety products, services and solutions. We are a proud member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately held electrical distributor. Sonepar entered the US in 1998 and has continued to grow due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Today, Sonepar USA is represented by 14 locally managed operating companies with over 700 locations nationwide.
More information on Rob Taylor (President, Sonepar North America, Sonepar): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
EMR additional information on Sonepar USA:
- Capital Electric: https://www.capitalelectricsupply.com + Capital Electric provides electrical products, lighting, and services to contractors, builders, and end-users throughout Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. We have over 70 locations from Mechanicsburg, PA to Savannah, GA. In addition, we have a 220,000 square foot headquarters and CDC in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. Our mission is to be The Electrical Distributor of Choice.
- We offer an upgraded delivery fleet, state-of-the-art distribution network, increased local inventory, and an expanded customer education program. We also offer On-site Inventory Management, Project Management and Lighting Design and Wire Management Services. Add to this commercial project management, lighting solutions & services, and warehousing & logistics support.
- Most important are our nearly 1,000 associates who pride themselves on providing reliable and superior customer service before and after the sale. We strive to make Capital Electric a great place to work so we can attract, grow, and retain extraordinary people.
- We are proud to have you as part of the Capital Electric family. We will always strive to be your “Electrical Distributor of Choice”.
- Codale: https://www.codale.com + Founded in 1975 by Dale P. Holt, Codale Electric Supply started with only five employees before becoming one of the most innovative and fastest-growing electrical supply distributors in the nation. Today, we are headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and currently have thirteen branch locations in the western United States. Even though we have quite a presence in Utah, Idaho, Nevada, and Wyoming, we’ve declared that we will not rest until we can help provide contractors throughout the nation with the supplies that they need.
- Throughout the years we’ve learned that in order for a business to thrive, it takes strategy and evolution. In August of 2012, we decided to take the next step in our growth: we signed an agreement to join the Sonepar USA group, a true leader in business to business distribution of electrical products and related solutions. By teaming up with a company that shared the same passion as our employees and the same core values of our company—being a customer-focused organization—we were able to gain an even stronger presence in the markets we serve, while staying true to our customers, suppliers, and people.
- Though we are no longer a privately held company, our vision is the same: through our commitment to excellence, we strive to become the best electric supply distributor with the best service.
- NEDCO Supply: https://www.nedco.com/
- Full-service wholesale distributor of commercial, residential, Industrial and low voltage electrical components. NEDCO Supply has several divisions in order to serve our customers better.
- NEDCO Supply is proud to be the leading supplier of electrical supplies, lighting and distribution equipment, data/communications, CCTV, and audio-video products for the Las Vegas Valley and surrounding areas. We have been committed to assisting our customers business growth, and in the process, we have grown ourselves. Now servicing accounts worldwide…
- Cooper Electric: https://www.cooper-electric.com + Established in 1961 as a family owned business, Cooper Electric has serviced the New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania markets for over 60 years. Over the years, Cooper has grown to over 1,000 employees in 53 branch locations through the successful acquisitions of Friedman Electric Supply in Northeast/Central PA, and City Electric in Upstate NY.
- Today, Cooper Electric is a full-service electrical distributor, serving many different segments including electrical contractors, industrials, OEM, utilities, residential, and solar. Additionally, Cooper Electric has many specialized department experts, making sure complete customer satisfaction is always our #1 goal.
- Currently, Cooper has over 1,000,000 sq. ft. throughout our existing branch locations, and we are excited to add a state of the art, automated 600,000 sq. ft. central distribution center in 2021. The automation of our central distribution center well positions Cooper Electric to continue to bring a high level of service and value to you, our customers, well into the future.
- Crawford: https://www.crawfordelectricsupply.com + Crawford Electric is more than a distributor. We are a solutions provider that supplies industry professionals with the tools and equipment needed to power the community. Established in 1990 and headquartered in Houston with branches across Texas and Louisiana, Crawford has grown to become a trusted business partner.
- Crawford works to foster a culture focused on associate development. Presented with opportunity, associates are driven to solve our customer’s greatest obstacles. The Crawford team is dedicated to serving customers in all markets from residential to industrial and our specialized experts on the Solutions team are leading innovation from within fueled by saving customer’s time, space and labor.
- Independent Electric (IES): https://www.iesupply.com + Independent Electric opened in 1976 with ten employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech aerospace industry. Today, Independent Electric operates 12 electrical supply branches in Northern California and 7 branches in Arizona. All of our branches maintain local inventory which is supported by our two Central Distribution Centers. Our 200,000 square foot CDC in San Leandro, CA and our 135,000 square foot CDC in Phoenix, AZ replenishes the branch inventories daily as well as performing customer deliveries to your required destinations.
- Our focus is to serve the electrical construction market with dedicated associates specializing in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool & safety, renewable energy, and enhanced logistics solutions to meet and exceed our customer’s specific needs.
- In addition, we operate two specialty divisions— Independent Power Systems (IPS) with offices in Sacramento, Westminster, and San Diego, and Independent Utility Supply (IUS) with full line branches located in West Sacramento and Tracy.
- IPS supplies switchgear, transformers, substations and related products to the commercial and industrial markets, offering complete design/build services and expert project management.
- IUS provides the utility contractor with complete material packages for both electrical and gas projects, specializing in underground distribution line extensions and upgrades as well as street lighting projects.
- With over 40 years of experience and employing more than 500 associates, Independent Electric has proven to be the leading source for electrical material in the markets we serve.
- In August 2011, Independent Electric was acquired by Sonepar USA, a division of the privately held Sonepar Group.
- Irby: https://www.irby.com + In the earliest days of the electrical age, a young company set out with the vision of helping build the infrastructure that would bring electricity to the rural South. That company was Irby.
- Today, Irby is setting out with a new vision: to change the role of the electrical distributor from that of a bid-based provider of electrical products to that of a high-value partner, providing total electrical solutions.
- An Irby relationship is all about giving customers the greatest long-term value. We focus on providing the lowest overall cost of doing business, not just the lowest price on a particular product. Clearly, a high-value relationship with Irby will save you more than low-bid relationships with multiple vendors.
- As your supply chain partner, we arm you with the technological and human resources you need to make your supply chain more efficient. Our team works with your team on a daily basis to help you solve problems and achieve goals. This team approach has helped Irby customers to succeed since 1926. And we can do the same for you today.
- North Coast: https://www.northcoast.com + North Coast, a family owned business since 1913, became part of the Sonepar USA family in 2019. We have locations in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, and Arizona. As a full line electrical distributor, we supply a wide range of electrical equipment to the electrical contractor, factory automation, industrial MRO, and commercial & institutional markets.
- NorthEast Electrical (Needco): https://www.needco.com + Based on integrity, expertise, and commitment, we deliver electrical products and technical solutions for the sustainable success of our customers, employees, and suppliers.
- At NorthEast Electrical, we are a full-service electrical distributor to electrical contractors, industrial, OEM, utility, and institutional customers. We have grown into one of the largest electrical distributors in New England with nearly 30 convenient locations. These strategically located branches throughout the 6 New England States allow us to deliver consistent, exceptional customer service to all customers.
- We offer a wide selection of value-added services and a highly trained and knowledgeable staff. With one of the largest product offerings in New England, superior logistics, shared resources, and strong vendor relations, NorthEast Electrical provides the highest level of customer service.
- Rockingham Electrical Supply Co. (under acquisition agreement): https://www.rockinghamelectric.com/ +
- As a third-generation, family-owned, full-service electrical supply, Rockingham Electrical Supply Company boasts a proud tradition of professionalism, experience and capability. It’s our brand and how we take care of our customers. The skilled team at Rockingham Electric prides itself on selling quality, well-known products and bringing value to our customers; including residential, commercial or industrial customers, electrical contractors, builders or homeowners. Whether the project is a new construction, retrofit, renovation or upgrade, our priority is delivering expert solutions to our customers every time they step foot in one of our ten locations.
- Operating in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine, Rockingham Electrical joins Sonepar with 10 branch locations and over 100 associates.
- OneSource: https://www.1sourcedist.com + OneSource is an electrical and industrial distributor with 19 locations across California, Arizona, Hawaii and Baja California, Mexico. The company serves the commercial, residential, utility, contractor and industrial markets and is an operating company of Sonepar, an independent family-owned company with global leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions, and related services.
- Professional Electric Products Co., Inc. (PEPCO): https://www.pepconet.com/ +
- Pepco, a premier electrical solutions distributor and packager, meets the needs of its customers by providing them with a full line of quality products, support personnel, and expert services.
- We offer complete solutions for all of our customers’ electrical needs. Our service-oriented professionals and engineers are equipped to create customized solutions designed to meet our clients’ individual demands.
- We are fully committed to supporting our clients at every level of their business, through any stage of any project. From design and support, to successful implementation, we are committed to your business’s success.
- With thousands of products from over 200 of the industry’s top manufacturers; we are your complete source for electrical solutions.
- A family-owned business headquartered in Eastlake, Ohio, since 1968, PEPCO will add 10 branch locations and 190 associates in Ohio and Pennsylvania to the Sonepar network in the United States. PEPCO is expected to record sales revenues of over $300 million for 2022.
- QED: https://www.qedelectric.com + In 1987, Quality Electrical Distribution was founded in Denver, Colorado to provide quality electrical products and services.
- Today, QED is a regional electrical distributor serving residential and commercial contractors, industrial facilities, and OEM businesses. We’re one of the nation’s top 50 wholesalers of electrical supplies, operating more than 12 branches in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and employing more than 280 associates.
- Just as in our first year, we have an unwavering dedication to quality – from the products we supply to the excellent design skills and deep product knowledge of our staff.
- And, to keep our customers’ businesses running smoothly, we’re focused on maintaining an operationally flawless environment.
- Richards Electric Supply Company Inc.: https://www.richardselectric.com + A family-owned business headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, since 1937, Richards Electric will add four branch locations and 150 associates to the Sonepar network. Richards Electric expects to record sales in excess of $125M for 2021.
- Springfield Electric Supply: https://www.springfieldelectric.com + As electricity became more readily available in Central Illinois, Charles Meador opened Meador Electric Company, an electrical contractor and supply company, in 1912 in Springfield, Illinois. A few years later in 1919, William R. Schnirring, Sr. began his career at Meador Electric after graduating from Brown College business school in Springfield, IL. Within one year of working at Meador, Bill Sr. became a partner at Meador Electric before acquiring sole ownership in 1929 and changing the name to Schnirring Electric Company.
- By January 1932, Bill Sr. transitioned the company to focus exclusively on electrical wholesale distribution. Finding success, even during the great depression, the company re-incorporated as Springfield Electric Supply Company. William (Bill) Schnirring, Jr. joined the firm in 1950 and under his leadership, for 50 years, the Company expanded significantly. Since the 1950’s, the company’s Springfield branch operation and corporate headquarters have occupied the 700 block of North 9th Street in Springfield, Illinois.
- For almost a century, Springfield Electric has focused on providing value to each customer throughout the electrical supply chain. The company has strategically expanded to include distribution centers through-out the Midwest to better serve all customers- locally and internationally. Today, Springfield Electric’s family owners, in partnership with hundreds of ESOP employee owners, strive to continue the legacy of delivering exceptional customer service and value to the markets they serve.
- It’s not only our mission, it’s the way we promise to conduct business. We know there are many places you can purchase electrical supplies. Our goal is to achieve and maintain that one degree of separation. Simply stated, we intend to be the best supplier in the markets we serve with the products we represent. We know our continued growth only comes by meeting or exceeding your expectations.
- We take great pride in our nearly 400 dedicated associates. Knowledgeable and experienced, our associates are equipped with the most current technology available to give you quick, informed, and accurate responses.
- Vallen: https://www.vallen.com + Vallen is a leading provider of indirect industrial supplies – all those materials that are not part of the products our customers manufacture.
- From earplugs to hand tools, to abrasives and cutting tools, we cover the vast majority of our customers’ maintenance, repair, operations and production-related needs. Vallen is also a leader in technical services with offerings that include safety equipment inspection, maintenance, certification and solution design.
- Many of our customers look to us for integrated supply solutions and vendor managed inventory, with Vallen associates on-site, bringing local knowledge and expertise to the specific needs of individual facilities.
- Viking Electric: https://www.vikingelectric.com + Viking Electric was founded in 1964 in St. Paul, Minnesota as a family-owned electrical distributor with 7,000-square-feet of warehouse space and a mission to be a leader in the electrical distribution industry.
- Today, Viking Electric has grown to 24 locations across Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Chicago. Our focus has moved beyond our core identity as an electrical distributor, to delivering exceptional services and logistical solutions for our customers. Viking Electric’s customers include residential and commercial electrical contractors, as well as the industrial market.
- Viking Electric is part of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services. Through a dense network of 167 operating companies spanning 44 countries and 5 continents, and the digital solutions developed, the Sonepar Group delivers greater service and enhanced customer relations every day.
- World Electric: https://www.worldelectricsupply.com + World Electric Supply was started in 1999 in North Miami Beach with one location. Since then we have expanded to 16 locations throughout Florida and Georgia. If you need it, we more than likely have it in stock at one of our many facilities, ready to be delivered, when and where you specify.
- As strong as World Electric is in each of its given sales territories, the core foundation is even more impressive. As a part of the Global Company Sonepar, our capabilities extend well beyond our immediate geographical areas. Sonepar USA provides their operating companies with corporate support to help them make decisions every day based on their regional needs. Leveraging our strong global resource base, but retaining our family-oriented values and local autonomy, this structure allows us to always focus on the customer – our first priority.
- Understanding that all customers are not the same and trying to please everyone with a single resource is frustrating, if not impossible. That’s why at World Electric we have incorporated a team of specialists in their respective fields to assist you in product choices. From lighting layout and design, or selecting the right tool for the job, to complicated engineering tasks, we have you covered. As factory authorized distributors for all products we carry, service is just a phone call away.
- Each and every one of our location has been built-out and designed with the mind set of “Doing it right the first time.” We work with our customers, and take into consideration what they need and require in a supplier. We realize having the products you need in stock is important. We build full size facilities that can handle your everyday needs in product availability, and people resources. Our staff of professionals are always on hand to assist you and ensure your satisfaction with each and every purchase. This is our way of saying, “Thank You For Your Business.”
- Everyday we are reminded of the rising costs related to energy. With each rate increase imposed by the utility companies, we watch as our daily operating costs rise. These costs translate into unexpected expenses, and affect each facility with a negative financial impact. Let our specialists help you find products and explore ideas that can help reduce, if not eliminate these costs. We keep a staff of trained professionals that are current on new technologies that will help to keep your facility operating in the most efficient manner possible. Something as simple as advice on choosing the correct lighting products, or as detailed as a thorough energy audit, we can help you save and conserve.
- Advance Electrical (World Electric): https://advanceelectrical.net/ + We are specialists at matching our service with the best contractors in our region and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding quality, products, and support.
- We realize we can’t be all things to all contractors and companies. We provide tremendous value to our contractors by filtering out the work that isn’t right for us. We have eliminated the need for credit managers, middle managers, and others that don’t add value to the services we provide.We in turn utilize those resources for tasks that directly impact how we service our customers.
- Contractors say they like us because, “They treat our business with respect.”
- We’ve grown because we know the business we are in and we know how to anticipate the changing needs of our clients and customers. We do it every day and our results are our best advertising.
More information on NEDCO Supply: https://www.nedco.com/
- A privately-owned business since 1982, NEDCO Supply is a full-line distributor of electrical products and services to its residential and commercial customers. Operating throughout southern Nevada, NEDCO Supply is based in Las Vegas, Nevada and has over 100 associates. NEDCO is expected to record sales revenue in excess of $180 million for 2022.
More information on Marc Winard (Principal, NEDCO Supply): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Marshall Hunt (Principal, NEDCO Supply): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services