NAED – New Preferred Provider Spotlight: PROS, Inc.
PROS, Inc. has been approved as an NAED Preferred Provider in the Business Intelligence (BI), Digital Integration/Transformation, eCommerce, and Sales Team categories.
PROS is your company’s best-kept secret for profitable growth. Viewed as a market leader by both Gartner and IDC for its CPO and price optimization capabilities, PROS advanced Al delivers results to the world’s top distribution and manufacturing brands including Graybar, Anixter, Crescent Electric teaklSupply Co, Legrand, Siemens, and more.
With more than 30 million Al models, PROS award-winning Al is the driving force in processing more than 2 trillion transactions per year. PROS customers report up to 96% efficiency gain, up to 5% margin improvement, and up to 20% revenue lift, according to a recent ROI study.
To learn more, visit www.pros.com.
Name: PROS, Inc.
Preferred Provider Join Date: April 2023
Headquarters: Houston, Texas
PPD Categories: Business Intelligence (BI), Digital Integration/Transformation, eCommerce, and Sales Team
PPD Listing: https://www.naed.org/preferred-provider-directory-idea
NAED’s new Preferred Provider Directory (PPD) provides distributors and manufacturers with quick and easy access to experienced and member-recommended service and technology providers.
To view the full NAED Preferred Provider Directory, click here.
To view the full NAED Member Directory, click here.
More information on NAED (National Association of Electrical Distributors): https://www.naed.org + The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) is dedicated to helping progressive distributors overcome business obstacles by delivering resources so they can own their customer. We support our members through leading-edge approaches to effectively meet personalized educational and leadership development demands. Whether through online classes, expanded research, benchmarking and data analytics capabilities, or conferences and other networking opportunities, NAED empowers members – arming them with a competitive, long-term advantage.
Electrical distribution is a $72 billion industry, made up of solution providers – from salespeople, product experts, skilled and technical professionals – to warehouse associates and drivers.
We help our members by creating the knowledge electrical distributors need to improve their long-term competitive advantage:
- Identify and explain trends and insights from a larger economy to a broader perspective for the industry.
- Develop an understanding of contractors’ challenges so distributors can deliver valuable solutions and services.
- Administer educational programs that develop employees and focus on leadership.
- Define relevant issues and assist in navigating the regulatory environment.
We assist our members by transferring knowledge and insight through a variety of networking channels:
- Use leading-edge approaches with education to meet the demands for our members.
- Create the best distributor networking opportunities
- Employ a learner focused approach to leadership and workforce education programs
More information on Thomas Naber (President & CEO, NAED): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on PROS: https://pros.com/ + PROS (NYSE: PRO) Profit Optimization Software delivers Smart CPQ and AI-based solutions that accelerate our customers ability to achieve profitable growth through digital selling and eCommerce channels. With predictive and prescriptive guidance, companies have the freedom to dynamically price, configure and sell their products and services across all channels with speed, precision, and consistency. PROS customers, who are leaders in their markets, benefit from decades of data science expertise infused into our industry solutions.
More information on Gartner: https://www.gartner.com/en + We deliver actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities.
- $5B: We are a $5.5 billion company and a member of the S&P 500.
- ~90: We work with businesses in nearly 90 countries.
- ~19,500: We have over 19,500 associates in ~85 offices globally.
- 40+: Over 40 years providing insights and expert guidance to clients enterprises worldwide.
More information on Gartner Magic Quadrant: https://www.gartner.com/en/research/magic-quadrant + Gartner Magic Quadrant research methodology provides a graphical competitive positioning of four types of technology providers in fast-growing markets: Leaders, Visionaries, Niche Players and Challengers. As companion research, Gartner Critical Capabilities notes provide deeper insight into the capability and suitability of providers’ IT products and services based on specific or customized use cases.
More information on IDC Insights: https://www.idc.com + International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets.
With more than 1,300 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC’s analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives.
Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG, Inc.), the world’s leading tech media, data and marketing services company.
More information on Crawford Del Prete (President, IDC): https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=PRF000086 + https://www.linkedin.com/in/crawford-del-prete-082221/
More information on Graybar: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Kathleen M. Mazzarella (Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Graybar): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on WESCO: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Anixter (WESCO): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Crescent Electric Supply Co: https://www.crescentelectric.com/ + Crescent is a family-owned company with over 130 locations in more than 25 states. For more than a century, the company has served contractors, utilities, institutional and industrial customers nationwide with a broad line of electrical, lighting, and automation products. In addition to the Crescent Electric brand, customers are served by BA Supply in Missouri, Interstate Electric Supply in Idaho and Oregon, Mesco Electrical Supply in Ohio, National Electric Supply in New Mexico, Womack Electric Supply in Virginia and North Carolina, and Stoneway Electric in Washington and Idaho.
More information on Scott Teerlinck (CEO, Crescent Electric Supply Co): https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-teerlinck-1107295/
More information on Legrand: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Benoît Coquart (CEO, Legrand): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Siemens: See full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Dr. Roland Busch (President and CEO, Siemens AG): See full profile on EMR Executive Services
EMR Additional Notes:
- AI – Artificial Intelligence: https://searchenterpriseai.techtarget.com/definition/AI-Artificial-Intelligence +
- Artificial intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. Specific applications of AI include expert systems, natural language processing, speech recognition and machine vision.
- As the hype around AI has accelerated, vendors have been scrambling to promote how their products and services use AI. Often what they refer to as AI is simply one component of AI, such as machine learning. AI requires a foundation of specialized hardware and software for writing and training machine learning algorithms. No one programming language is synonymous with AI, but a few, including Python, R and Java, are popular.
- In general, AI systems work by ingesting large amounts of labeled training data, analyzing the data for correlations and patterns, and using these patterns to make predictions about future states. In this way, a chatbot that is fed examples of text chats can learn to produce lifelike exchanges with people, or an image recognition tool can learn to identify and describe objects in images by reviewing millions of examples.
- AI programming focuses on three cognitive skills: learning, reasoning and self-correction.
- What are the 4 types of artificial intelligence?
- Type 1: Reactive machines. These AI systems have no memory and are task specific. An example is Deep Blue, the IBM chess program that beat Garry Kasparov in the 1990s. Deep Blue can identify pieces on the chessboard and make predictions, but because it has no memory, it cannot use past experiences to inform future ones.
- Type 2: Limited memory. These AI systems have memory, so they can use past experiences to inform future decisions. Some of the decision-making functions in self-driving cars are designed this way.
- Type 3: Theory of mind. Theory of mind is a psychology term. When applied to AI, it means that the system would have the social intelligence to understand emotions. This type of AI will be able to infer human intentions and predict behavior, a necessary skill for AI systems to become integral members of human teams.
- Type 4: Self-awareness. In this category, AI systems have a sense of self, which gives them consciousness. Machines with self-awareness understand their own current state. This type of AI does not yet exist.