NAED – New Preferred Provider Spotlight: IDEA
IDEA has been approved as an NAED Preferred Provider in the Consulting, Data as a Service (DaaS), Data Enablement, Digital Integration/Transformation, Governance, Product as a Service (PaaS), Product Information Management (PIM), and Product Content (Product Data) categories.
The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA) is the electrical industry-endorsed provider of data syndication, management, automation, and standards. IDEA helps hundreds of manufacturers and distributors digitally syndicate product content internationally, exchange Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) documents, and extend their teams for data management, cleansing, and enrichment. IDEA was founded in 1998 by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED). Through its flagship services—IDEA Connector and IDEA Exchange—as well as a growing ecosystem of related services, IDEA is continuing to add value for the electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and additional industrial verticals and trading partners. Visit IDEA at idea4industry.com.
Preferred Provider Join Date: April 2023
Headquarters: Arlington, Virginia
PPD Categories: Consulting, Data as a Service (DaaS), Data Enablement, Digital Integration/Transformation, Governance, Product as a Service (PaaS), Product Information Management (PIM), and Product Content (Product Data)
PPD Listing: https://www.naed.org/preferred-provider-directory-idea
NAED’s new Preferred Provider Directory (PPD) provides distributors and manufacturers with quick and easy access to experienced and member-recommended service and technology providers.
To view the full NAED Preferred Provider Directory, click here.
To view the full NAED Member Directory, click here.
More information on NAED (National Association of Electrical Distributors): https://www.naed.org + The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) is dedicated to helping progressive distributors overcome business obstacles by delivering resources so they can own their customer. We support our members through leading-edge approaches to effectively meet personalized educational and leadership development demands. Whether through online classes, expanded research, benchmarking and data analytics capabilities, or conferences and other networking opportunities, NAED empowers members – arming them with a competitive, long-term advantage.
Electrical distribution is a $72 billion industry, made up of solution providers – from salespeople, product experts, skilled and technical professionals – to warehouse associates and drivers.
We help our members by creating the knowledge electrical distributors need to improve their long-term competitive advantage:
- Identify and explain trends and insights from a larger economy to a broader perspective for the industry.
- Develop an understanding of contractors’ challenges so distributors can deliver valuable solutions and services.
- Administer educational programs that develop employees and focus on leadership.
- Define relevant issues and assist in navigating the regulatory environment.
We assist our members by transferring knowledge and insight through a variety of networking channels:
- Use leading-edge approaches with education to meet the demands for our members.
- Create the best distributor networking opportunities
- Employ a learner focused approach to leadership and workforce education programs
More information on Thomas Naber (President & CEO, NAED): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Industry Data Exchange Association (IDEA): http://www.idea4industry.com/ + The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA) is the official technology service provider and eBusiness standards body of the electrical industry. The company helps thousands of manufacturers and distributors find the most cost-effective methods for running day-to-day business. IDEA’s applications help connect the supply chain and make business processes efficient, easy and enjoyable for people every day. IDEA was founded in 1998 through a partnership rooted in the collective leadership of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) members. Their applications also bring value to vertical markets such as industrial, retail, and consumer-packaged goods. IDEA is headquartered in Arlington, VA (www.idea4industry.com).
More information on National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA): http://www.nema.org/ + The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) represents nearly 325 electrical equipment and medical imaging manufacturers that make safe, reliable, and efficient products and systems. Our combined industries account for 370,000 American jobs in more than 6,100 facilities covering every state. These industries produce $124 billion in shipments and $42 billion in exports of electrical equipment and medical imaging technologies per year.
More information on Debra Phillips (President & CEO, NEMA): https://www.linkedin.com/in/debra-phillips-4958198b/
EMR Additional Notes:
- Data as a Service (DaaS):
- Data as a service (DaaS) is a data management strategy that uses the cloud to deliver data storage, integration, processing, and/or analytics services via a network connection. DaaS is similar to software as a service, or SaaS, a cloud computing strategy that involves delivering applications to end-users over the network, rather than having them run applications locally on their devices. Just as SaaS removes the need to install and manage software locally, DaaS outsources most data storage, integration, and processing operations to the cloud.
- Product as a Service (PaaS):
- Product-as-a-Service (PaaS) also referred as Product-Service Systems, is a combination of products that are accompanied by services. The product is joined by more features or service contracts to repair or replace. With PaaS, products are offered in subscription models that are offered with services attached.
- Product Information Management (PIM):
- Product information management (PIM) systems let users store, enrich, and manage complex product information.
- PIM tools centralize product-related data, streamlining the process of updating and managing accurate information throughout multiple sales and marketing channels.
- PIM tools integrate with most eCommerce platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and enterprise resource management (ERP) software, ensuring up-to-date product information is accessible across your organization.
- PIM systems are particularly valuable for eCommerce businesses whose product catalog, sales strategy, and marketing messaging are continually changing.
- Product Data:
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the electronic interchange of business information using a standardized format; a process which allows one company to send information to another company electronically rather than with paper.