LEDVANCE – POWER THROUGH LIGHT: LEDVANCE enters next chapter in corporate story with new brand positioning and new Head of Global Brand Management
To enable people to harness the power of light, LEDVANCE crafts intelligent and efficient lighting and energy solutions for a greener planet and better life
To reflect the major developments at LEDVANCE over the seven years since its founding, the Garching-based lighting experts decided on a comprehensive brand repositioning. The new tagline “Power Through Light” puts LEDVANCE’s three key stakeholders at the forefront: its customers, the planet and its employees. To enable people to harness the power of light, LEDVANCE crafts intelligent and efficient lighting and energy solutions for a greener planet and better life. The new positioning is driven by Vivian Lee-Lauss, who was appointed Head of Global Brand Management as of August 1, 2023.
LEDVANCE spun-off from lighting pioneers OSRAM in 2016 with a portfolio of luminaires and has since developed into one of the top global players in the industry. Today, with award-winning innovations like BIOLUX Human Centric Lighting as well as an expanded range of intelligent lighting solutions, the company has consistently broadened its scope, adding more focus on sustainable products and growing its solutions portfolio by expanding into the renewable energy industry. To reflect this development and emphasize its future positioning, LEDVANCE has created its new tagline “Power Through Light” with clear focus on its key stakeholders: its customers, the planet and its employees.
For customers, LEDVANCE’s lighting systems and intelligent energy solutions allow for improved working and living environments as well as real energy savings. For a greener planet, LEDVANCE commits to reducing CO2 emissions and waste through sustainable products, solutions and processes. For employees, LEDVANCE empowers them to harness the power of light to contribute to a better quality of life on a greener planet.
In addition to the new positioning and mission, LEDVANCE’s core values of striving for excellence, breaking new ground and winning together will persist as celebrated cornerstones of the company’s corporate culture.
The new brand positioning is driven by Vivian Lee-Lauss, who was appointed as the new Head of Global Brand Management as of August 1, 2023. Her global perspective and extensive cross-industry experience bring a fresh vision to the corporate brand. With her leadership style based on empowerment, transparency and breaking down barriers, she will play a crucial role in nurturing growth and a sustainable future at LEDVANCE.
“My goal is to bring a fresh vision to our brand strategy to drive impactful change in the lighting and renewable energy industry”, said Vivian Lee-Lauss, Head of Global Brand Management. “Our new strategy and positioning have been in the works for months, and I’m so excited to finally see it come to life. It’s a massive evolution of our brand, and I’m confident that it will set us up for success with the big ventures that we have coming up at LEDVANCE.”
More information on LEDVANCE: https://www.ledvance.com + LEDVANCE is one of the world‘s leaders in general lighting for lighting professionals as well as end users, offering a broad variety of LED luminaires, advanced LED lamps, intelligent Smart Home & Smart Building solutions as well as traditional light sources.
Emerged from the general lighting business of OSRAM, the company is now owned by Chinese lighting company MLS Co., LTD. With offices in more than 50 countries and business activities in more than 140 countries, LEDVANCE possesses an outstanding global market access built on trusted, long-standing customer relationships and a powerful distribution network. Based on our in-depth understanding of the general lighting market, trending technologies and changing needs, we support the specific and individual demands of both direct and indirect customers.
LEDVANCE is one of the world’s leading companies in the lighting industry and wants to redefine the role of light in a connected world. For this we have established our own product brand LEDVANCE for innovative luminaires, smart lighting solutions as well as electronic components. For our LED and traditional lamps we build on the strong and well-known product brand OSRAM.
In USA and Canada, the proven brand SYLVANIA is used across all product categories.
More information on Sun Qinghuan (President, MLS + CEO and Managing Director, LEDVANCE): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Remi Romsdal (District Manager for North Norway, LEDVANCE): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Vivian Lee-Lauss (Head of Global Brand Management, LEDVANCE): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on OSRAM Light AG: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on ams-OSRAM Group: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Aldo Kamper (Chairman of the Management Board and CEO, ams-OSRAM + CEO, OSRAM Licht AG): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
EMR Additional Notes:
- Human Centric Lighting (HCL):
- Human centric lighting is a lighting concept that puts the focus on bringing the dynamics of natural daylight back into people’s everyday lives through biologically effective artificial lighting. HCL goes beyond the basic visual needs of people. It helps the human body to stay aligned with natural circadian rhythms that the human being has been conditioned throughout its history.
- Human centric lighting is the art of creating lighting that mimics the natural daylight which drives our bodily functions. It enhances human performance, comfort, health and well-being.
- The most obvious effect of light on humans, is vision. It enables us to identify brightness, shapes, colors, images, and perceive information and contrast. But light also impacts our biology; it affects our hormones, alertness, attention and fatigue, and also determines our body clock and circadian rhythm.
- Human centric lighting takes these effects into consideration to provide a holistic and application oriented approach to lighting for humans. It balances visual, emotional and biological needs of humans in lighting application.
- More information on what it is, how it works and the effects it has on humans on https://www.manufacturer.lighting/info/245/
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2):
- Primary greenhouse gas emitted through human activities. Carbon dioxide enters the atmosphere through burning fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and oil), solid waste, trees and other biological materials, and also as a result of certain chemical reactions (e.g., manufacture of cement). Carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere (or “sequestered”) when it is absorbed by plants as part of the biological carbon cycle.
- Reduction of carbon dioxide emissions through the use of low carbon power sources, achieving a lower output of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere.