Ahlsell – Ahlsell completes another strategic acquisition in Denmark
Ahlsell Danmark ApS has entered into an agreement to acquire all shares in Bacher Work Wear A/S, one of Denmark’s largest independent suppliers of workwear, profile clothing and uniforms.
The company was founded in 1897 and has customers in all industries, in the public as well as the private sectors.
The company has 75 employees and the turnover in 2022 amounted to approximately DKK 175 million.
The head office is located in Copenhagen, while the central warehouse with administration, logistics center, printing and showroom is situated in Odense. Another establishment will be opened in Aarhus in 2023 December.
Bacher Work Wear strengthens Ahlsell’s offering on the Danish market, where we already have a wide range of products and services within HVAC, refrigeration and technical components. With this expanded range of workwear, there are great synergies and together we can offer customers a strong overall solution.
Bacher Work Wear will continue to operate under the existing brand and with unchanged leadership.
The acquisition is subject to approval from the Danish Competition Authority.
More information on Ahlsell: See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Claes Seldeby (President and Chief Executive Officer, Ahlsell Group): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Ahlsell Danmark ApS: https://www.ahlsell.dk/ + Brief facts about Ahlsell Denmark:
- Divisions: Ahlsell REF, Ahlsell VVS and VVS Trading (Do It Yourself)
- Revenue: Approx. 350 MDKK
- Employees: Approx. 90 employees spread over our 5 addresses in Brøndby, Sønderborg, Aarhus, Kolding and Aalborg
- Logistics centres: Brøndby & Sønderborg
- Head office: Brøndby
- Henrik Lohse, Division Director Ahlsell REF
- René Aabenhus, Divisional Director VVS Trading
More information Claudio Christensen (Chief Executive Officer, Ahlsell Denmark + Administrative Director, Sanistål A/S): See full profile on EMR Executive Services
More information on Bacher Work Wear A/S by Ahlsell: https://www.bacher.com/ + Bacher Work Wear A/S is Denmark’s leading supplier of workwear, uniforms, profile clothing, safety equipment (PPE), safety footwear and merchandise. For more than 125 years, we have specialized in total solutions within workwear for all branches and industries in the public and private sector. Today, we have activities in more than 23 countries worldwide.
Business customers have access to their own webshop with a customized range, where they can choose from more than 50,000 products from over 150 different brands. Our employees provide professional and competent advice to ensure the most optimal solutions that suit the specific needs of the individual customer.
Our headquarters is in Kastrup, close to Copenhagen Airport, but our largest location is in Odense, where more than 10,000 square meters contain both administration, logistics center , warehouse, logo printing and several showrooms. We also have a retail store for more ordinary clothing at Amagerbrogade 19, where we have our own tailoring.
As a growing company, we must act as a role model for ethical and sustainable business practices. Responsible corporate governance has always been a central part of our business, but the targeted strategic work with sustainability has only recently begun. Within the last few years, we have more than doubled our resources for the area, so that we can be a leader on the sustainable agenda.
More information on Jørgen Kongskov Olsen (Owner and Chairman, Bacher Work Wear A/S): https://www.linkedin.com/in/j%C3%B8rgen-kongskov-olsen-08697b20/
More information on Claus Vallentin (Chairperson and Board Member, Bacher Work Wear A/S): https://www.linkedin.com/in/claus-valentin-hemmingsen-7756194/
More information on Peter Vallentin (Chief Executive Officer, Bacher Work Wear A/S, Ahlsell Group): See the full profile on EMR Executive Services
EMR Additional Notes:
- HVAC-R (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning – Refrigeration):
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning is the use of various technologies to control the temperature, humidity, and purity of the air in an enclosed space. Its goal is to provide thermal comfort and acceptable indoor air quality.
- HVACR involves maintaining, repairing and installing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment):
- Specialized clothing or equipment worn by an employee for protection against injury or infection. The hazards addressed by protective equipment include physical, electrical, heat, chemicals, biohazards, and airborne particulate matter.
- PPE categories: eye and face protection, hand protection, body protection, respiratory protection, and hearing protection.